I learned how to arrange and set the pin curls here:
I found these HERE.
The tricks I learned:
- Set the curls when your hair is damp and towel-dried
- Use a setting lotion that is right for your hair, ie hair gel or hairspray
- Set aside PLENTY of time, this process took me two entire hours because I have so much hair!
- For tighter curls, put less hair in each pin curl. For looser curls or waves, put more hair in each pin curl
- The best time to set the curls is before bed, so put a scarf over your pins and sleep through the night!
- Only take the curls out once they are completely dry
- You can use a hairdryer to speed up the process
- After the pins are taken out, break up each curl with your fingers or you can lightly comb through the curls with a brush